Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Travel Acapulco Guide
  News:
Travel Acapulco Home   •   Map   •   Guide to Acapulco Hotels   •   Restaurants   •   Nightlife   •   Acapulco Real Estate   •   Tours
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Where to buy flight + hotel packages? (Read 11714 times)
jmo
Ex Member

Where to buy flight + hotel packages?
Jul 07th, 2008, 11:08am

im plannin on goin to aca next spring break and was wonderin if anyone has any advice on the cheapest place to buy flight+hotel packages? and also any advice on any party packages to buy? i heard about all inclusive package but dunno wut that is lol.

thanks.

IP Logged
davethegr8
Ex Member

Re: Where to buy flight + hotel packages?
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2008, 1:45pm

Where are you flying from and what dates?  

There are many spring break tour companies that offer Acapulco. Student City, Bianchi Rossi, Paradise Parties and STS Travel just to name some of the main ones.  They will provide all the details for you and book you into the BIG popular spring break hotels.  They do offer all inclusive, which basically allows you unlimited booze and 3 meals and snacks daily at the hotel you choose.  I along with others hate all inclusives in ACA because there are so many great places to eat in Acapulco.

As for party passes, I think the best one out there is with Bianchi Rossi.  It includes Palladium and Mandara, 2 of the biggest clubs in Acapulco.  Check out their site for more info.

If you choose to book flight and hotel yourself, you can usually save a bit over the above companies.  Not always though.  Usually Orbitz.com will have some good deals closer to the fall for next year.

BTW, LaPalapa, Hyatt, Copacabana and Playa Suites are considered to be the big spring break hotels.

IP Logged
jmo
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2008, 3:07pm

thanks man.

ya ive heard a lot about playa suites bein the main party hotel. so ima probably try to book a spot there.  and i keep hearing bianchi rossi so ima probably do that too.

do you think im plannin too early? should i wait a little longer for better deals?

IP Logged
davethegr8
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2008, 4:51pm

You still have lots of time.  I am not seeing any deals right now and the spring break companies are fairly steady in their price and usually offer a discount for booking before the end of summer but some do not.  If it were me, I would choose the Copa as my choice.  Check out the sites listed and compare.  Bianchi Rossi is top knotch for Acapulco.  No hurry right now.

IP Logged
letsgomets
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2008, 10:20pm

I was in Acapulco, Playa Suites just last year for spring break. I know the place pretty well and where the best deals are, how to go about it. You'll love it, we're actually going back to Playa Suites, Acapulco this year AGAIN.

I do know where to get the best deals. Bianchi Ross is a fine company, but there is a better one bc of the party packages and especially if your staying at Playa.

IM me at mets01rule or email mets01rule@aol.com and i'll give you some more info on what to look into. Earlier the better

Later man

IP Logged
davethegr8
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2008, 11:38pm

My advice is stay away from Student City.  The customer service is rated very poor after reading reviews from various sites.  Plus they handled a fire at the playa from this past spring break poorly.

My advice is to book it yourself and then buy a party package seperate.  Guaranteed you will save a couple hundred  bucks by booking through Orbitz or Expedia.

IP Logged
letsgomets
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2008, 12:10am

I would have to disagree with you. Student City is defiantly one of the better companies to deal with. Also, you should NOT go through expedia or anything like it if its spring break. Party packages, meals, etc. cost A LOT and can't be included on these sites.

you can't even really get a room at these spring break hotels through expedia,check it out if you want.

IP Logged
davethegr8
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 8th, 2008, 12:22am

You could have got any of the big spring break hotels through Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity last year and this year as well.  

All I'm saying is be carefull with who you book with and shop around.  I paid $650 pp for a nicer hotel and airfare during a prime spring break week last year.  You should be in and around $1000 max pp including tax depending on where your flying from.

Also make sure if you get a party pass that it includes Palladium and Mandara.  These are must discos!!!!!!!

Im sorry mets, just looking out for the little guy.

It is a crime to overpay  Grin Otherwise happy shopping and enjoy paradise in Acapulco!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
letsgomets
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 8th, 2008, 1:24am

I'd love to know how you paid that little and where you stayed and the week, etc. If you don't mind telling me. Did it include the plane, and if so was it direct?

I looked up booking a trip via expedia..just before. "There are no rooms available during this time" is what I got for all the main spring break hotels. I went on Orbitz and found something, but most of the flights werent direct. I found one decent one, for over 1,000..but it really would come to WELL OVER 1400+ buying food, party packages.

IP Logged
davethegr8
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 8th, 2008, 1:51am

I stayed at the Fiesta Americana from March 8 - 15.  I booked through Orbitz in Early September last year.  They usually offer a discount code as well.  The key is to keep checking on a regular basis and be prepared to jump on a deal.  The hotels will offer a early booking discount and paired with a flight, the online travel companies discount the package even more.  With the flights and oil prices, I doubt you would get a deal that low next year.

Yes availability at the spring break hotels were limited closer to the dates but could be found if booked early.  The only downfall booking with Expedia or Orbitz is that you have to usually pay in full immediately.

Already looking at next year I see prices of $900 for the Crowne Plaza and Playa.  If Orbitz offers a winter discount come end of summer, your looking at $800 pp. A party package on top of it would be more and of course AI.  I would never travel AI in Acapulco as I drink at night at the clubs and there are so many good restaurants to eat at.

Now it all depends on where your flying from and demand. There are deals to be had, it takes alot of scanning the various sites almost everyday.

Check closer to the end of summer when all the hotels release their prices and see what kind of deals they are offering.  My bet is that there will be some excellent hotel prices, just the rising airfare will be the downfall.

If anyone wants to give me their dates departure point and hotel choice, I will be happy to keep a watch out.  Just private message me with the info.  I have no association with any particular company, just enjoy getting myself and others deals.  Now I am past my spring break days but still travel at that time due to vacation time at work and I choose a non spring break hotel myself.

Its a crime to overpay  Grin

Oh and yes, direct flights are usually more expensive.  You have to leave yourself open to 1 connection if your looking to save the bucks.  I was on a plane full of breakers coming from connecting flights.  No big deal, just a longer travel day.  My flight was from Detroit with a connection in Atlanta and was included in the $650 pp price I mentioned.

I am happy to help.

IP Logged
letsgomets
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2008, 2:10am

Well atleast we agree not to do AI in Acapulco. Love the resturants around there too!

I do understand where your coming from, however, I would bet you can get just as good of a deal, maybe better through one of these companies. The key is how you deal with the companies. For me it makes sense because I go with a large group of people. I also take advantage of the deals they give me early on and they promise to beat any price, so I price bust it all the time and get the lowest price. I also really prefer direct flights, can't stand travel days so I wont even do connecting flights.

IP Logged
davethegr8
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 8th, 2008, 2:29am

Your lucky to have direct flights, not offered for me out of Detroit.  I hate the connection as well but have no choice and the prices to fly direct out of Toronto are rediculous.

If you can get the discount from the spring break companies, that is great.  A group discount is a huge advantage to save money. Its all about getting the best bang for the buck.

CHEERS  8)

IP Logged
NickP
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 8th, 2008, 9:01am

On my spring break trips to Acapulco, I've gone with Student City and stayed at the Playa.  They will match or beat any other companies price, so if you find a deal, they will match it.

The Playa Suites is far and away the most crowded hotel on Spring Break, followed by Copacabana.  You could also stay at the Crowne, which is right next door to the Playa.

Also, just looking on their website, StudentCity will now offer Palladium AND Mandara on their party package in 2009.

It's never too early to book, especially with gas on the rise.  Take a look on each companies website and see if you can get an early bird special for booking now.  You will only need to put a deposit down and the balance won't be due till January or February.  Out of curiosity, which week are you looking at going?

IP Logged
truck2chief
Global Moderator

I love Acapulco

New York///Charlie
Reply #13 - Jul 8th, 2008, 12:09pm

Nick
 I know gas is always a concern but I still  have to believe there is going to be a certain time frame for some discounts. I don't know about spring break of course that may take some doing to get a great deal but I am going to be real patient this time even waiting to the holiday season if necessary..I may lose out but I am going to try anyway.

Mets rule
 Dave & Nick have been at it many years doing the spring break thing especially Dave LOL lots of good experiences.

IP Logged
jmo
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 8th, 2008, 3:00pm

thanks for all of this help.

i guess i should list the things i want from this spring break vacation and maybe that will help with a more definite answer on what i should do.

i plan on going to the club almost every night.
i plan on drinking almost if not every night either at the club or at the hotel before going to the club (im not sure if i should do all inclusive or not)
i hope that if me and my friends meet some cool lady friends lol, we can bring them back to the hotel.

i almost definitely want to do playa suites from hearing its the biggest spring break hotel.

im assuming it would be least expensive if we pay for flight + hotel through orbitz and then pay for a party package through BR or StudentCity. i rather not pay more than $1000 pp for flight + hotel. (we are flying from Baltimore, MD)

I guess my next question is should i do all inclusive?
And what all would i get with a BR party package besides one pass into paladium and mandara?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print