Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Travel Acapulco Guide
  News:
Travel Acapulco Home   •   Map   •   Guide to Acapulco Hotels   •   Restaurants   •   Nightlife   •   Acapulco Real Estate   •   Tours
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dress Code (Read 8820 times)
cardz1052
Ex Member

Dress Code
Mar 01st, 2007, 11:48pm

I hear that the dress code at clubs in Acapulco is strict.  Are jeans and a polo legit or do I need to bring dress pants and long sleeve shirts?  Im eaving Saturday so I need to know what to pack.

IP Logged
joeschmoe
Ex Member

Re: Dress Code
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2007, 11:28pm

All the big clubs require slacks and usually button down shirts and dress shoes.  Especially if you are just going there in just a group of guys.  Dont chance it.

IP Logged
ACAFumus
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2007, 2:50pm

Dress to impress nuthin less. haha...I don't know I found pics online from all the best clubs and people were wearing jeans and tight shirts as usual. It just seems like it's the custom or it's considered appropriate to be more dressy there than it is here.

IP Logged
Scot0362
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2007, 5:35pm

Does anyone know which clubs have dress codes?

IP Logged
need4speednj
Global Moderator

not sure, but I
think that's a HE

NJ
Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2007, 6:19pm

Guys relax!! Joe, your living in the 80's when going to an Acapulco club was the Sheeeaat and we had to wear our black button downs and dark slacks!  

Today, dudes go in there with T-shirts and jeans.  Now I'm not talking about wearing a pair of wranglers and some ghetto ayyys T-shirt.  Hopefully ya know what I mean.  Common sense applies here.

Go to Nordstroms and get some Bad Ayyss t-shirts like Affliction, topless, Diesel etc.  The more skulls and stupid messages the better IMO.

With that said, button downs are more appropriate and is what I wear when I go clubbing unless it's a week night.  A nice pair of rock of republic, paper denim, 7, Diesel, D&G, La Denim and Ben Sherman Jeans will do ya just fine!!

Definitely wear nice kicks to the clubs unless it's the foam party, but seriously, you won't be too out of place in a t shirt as long as you look the part.  You might laugh, but I'm like a woman when I pack for Acapulco...3 pairs of flip flops, 3 pairs of black shoes, running sneaks and a pair of diesels.

Also if you realize you forgot your good shirts...there is one store I think is good in Aca called Zara in the mall.

IP Logged
joeschmoe
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2007, 8:31pm

"Guys relax!! Joe, your living in the 80's when going to an Acapulco club was the Sheeeaat"  

Young man back in my days we wore top hats and carried canes.  This is why this world is going down the shitter!  You young whipper snappers dont dress to impress the opposite sex.  I remember the old days if you walked outside without a tie you were considered underdressed.

"A nice pair of rock of republic, paper denim, 7, Diesel, D&G, La Denim and Ben Sherman Jeans will do ya just fine!!"

What the Heck are all these!!!!  What happened to good old Levi's or Lee jeans.  Grin

SERIOUSLY, You can wear what he said but WHY?  You're there to meet women or men, depending on your taste.  I can see light shirts but JEANS!  Slacks are cooler (weather wise) and you will impress the ladies.  

On the same subject of dress but not in Acapulco.  I see so many people walking around outside in Chicago with stains on their shirts, torn clothes (not on purpose)and just looking like crap.  I think our society is slowly lowering its standard of life.  God, I have to get out of this country soon.

Joe

IP Logged
need4speednj
Global Moderator

not sure, but I
think that's a HE

NJ
Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2007, 10:17pm

Joe, I'm on your side on this. Just letting them know what's up since I frequent these places still and I'm not in their age bracket.  I'm in my 30's.  I remember when a guy had to be in a collared shirt to get into Palladium. IMO, it should still be like that, however with that said, I've seen flip flops in Baby O of all places.

I'm assuming the dudes heading out on S.B., know what I'm talking about when I say t-shirts, but yes IMO, dress to impress for the bigger clubs.

IP Logged
joeschmoe
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2007, 10:34pm

just playing you boy.  Repin Chicago  8)

IP Logged
need4speednj
Global Moderator

not sure, but I
think that's a HE

NJ
Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2007, 11:27pm

Repin 315...LOL...Hey it's better than Word Dawg and having my hat on side-ways and a giant silver chain to boot.

IP Logged
ACAFumus
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2007, 11:54am

Yea that's just what I thought. I want to impress though so there is no way I am going to out looking anything less...than my best. For my that means,

A|X, Banana Republic, Express, Abercrombie, Lucky, and some CK. Then I will rock the Pumas, Kenneth Cole Reactions, and Doc Martens. I guess my attire is less on the metro/trendy side of things like N4S's is and I more on the preppy side.

IP Logged
JOHNNYBOY
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 8th, 2007, 2:23pm

[quote author=ACAFumus link=board=spring;num=1172807291;start=0#9 date=03/06/07 at 09:54:48

A|X, Banana Republic, Express, Abercrombie, Lucky, and some CK. Then I will rock the Pumas, Kenneth Cole Reactions, and Doc Martens. I guess my attire is less on the metro/trendy side of things like N4S's is and I more on the preppy side. [/quote]

i didnt understand a word of that  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
ACAFumus
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 8th, 2007, 2:39pm

That's cuz it's fresh...right need?

IP Logged
need4speednj
Global Moderator

not sure, but I
think that's a HE

NJ
Reply #12 - Mar 8th, 2007, 9:09pm

I'm all across the board with my attire.  One day is preppy with a Lacoste 3 button Pink or black shirt, jeans and flip flops or shoes for club....

Other nights I wear a custom made button down with cuff links untucked with 7 for allmankind jeans and black Prada shoes (that's over board..I know) or a Ben Sherman or French Connection button down.

Other nights, t-shirts with skulls and all sorts of other nonsense and Reef flipflops with the bottle opener on the bottom. Sometimes some express stuff.

IP Logged
joeschmoe
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 8th, 2007, 11:39pm

What color make-up to both of you put on before you go out.  Grin  Your a guys, you should not have shoes named Prada.   Lips Sealed

IP Logged
JOHNNYBOY
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 9th, 2007, 5:11am

joeschmoe wrote on Mar 8th, 2007, 11:39pm:
What color make-up to both of you put on before you go out.  Grin  Your a guys, you should not have shoes named Prada.   Lips Sealed  

HAHA  Grin

you i'm glad dress code is smart over there, thats how i like to dress over here; nice shirt, smart jeans (none of this ripped up sh*t, decent shoes - can't go wrong with putting a bit of effort in - although there is a limit mind you  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print