Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Travel Acapulco Guide
  News:
Travel Acapulco Home   •   Map   •   Guide to Acapulco Hotels   •   Restaurants   •   Nightlife   •   Acapulco Real Estate   •   Tours
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
things 2 do & tips  if u r a spring break (Read 8709 times)
vanvan
Ex Member

things 2 do & tips  if u r a spring break
Feb 02nd, 2006, 7:21pm

Hi everybody, well here thereīs a couple of tips if you are planing to get the week of your live in this amaizing place, I had been in 6 springbreaks and mines last 6 weeks īcause I used to work there so I hope these can help you to get a better experience.

First remember that the us dollars are welcome in almost everywhere in Acapulco, and usually you can get a fair exchange, about the traverller checks itīs a headache try to use them in a lot of places.

If you use to pay with credit cards dont forget to bring an id to wherever that you will use it.

If you will pay your bill on the clubs with credit card try to pay as soon as you get your booze because you have to sign excactly as it is on the cc or your id, trusth me itīs no so easy if you have already drink 3 botles of velvedere Embarrassed, and in Mexico the credit institutions politics are verry strict about that, I had seen guys trying to sign the bill 8 times, and dont worry about if the club will try to steal you, clubs of 15 millions dollars dont do that.

The safest and closest ATM to almost all the clubs is inside of Wallmart, 24hrs.

You canīt say that you come to Aca if you dont party at Palladium, Mandara, and ok Foam party at Disco Beach.

You canīt say that you come to Palladium if you couldnt see the Devil dancing and the fireworks.

At least try one night to save a biger budget to try to get a nice table on a fancy club like Mandara or Palladium, try it on your last night, and get a vip blast one time.

Treat the doorman and the waiters as you want that they treat you, normally they dont have a fluent english so if you need something more specific ask 4 the managers.

If you want to get a vip blast, look like that, the clubs have dress codes, no shorts!!, dont make the doorman send you to Wallmart to get a pants, you will be partying on huge amaizing clubs , no in small pubs drinking only beer and watching videos, trusth me these clubs compete with the best in the world.

If you are planing to come down here and dont make out or get sex with somebody that you dont even know, stay in your home watching tv and dont waste your money 8).

If you fit in the last point, ask your friends for the hot pictures that they got when they come back and feel your self like sh.... Grin

Dont forget to pack a lot of advil extra strong, something for the stomach, condoms, safe some money for some emergency, get a ladatel phone card, use it to call home in any public phone, you get 20 minutes for 10 us, and dont forget to leave at home the pictures of your boyfriend or girlfriend Grin.

Try to go to the pool parties of other hotels , normally the security dont tell you anything if you act like another guest, the same situation at night , so if you hookup somebody and want to go another hotel just act normal, and if you can wear a lot of bracelets , doit, it will help.

Try to watch the sunset at least one time, they are amaizing.

Dont go to the hills, thereīs any turist atractions there.

If you are planing to use drugs, or try to get them, I will dont lie you, it will be easy to get them Shocked, but itīs easy to feel like sh... next day or even worsth go to the hospital īcause is a dealer that you will never see again, and well plus if the cops catch you, you are already crappity smack, mexican jail is not a joke. Cry

Remember that the clubs will be really crowd so is easy to get in any kind of trouble , so b4 to start a fight try to chill out, you dont want to crappity smack your nigth and the party of your friends.

Cheapest booze at Wallmart, beast food when you are drunk at 4 am, Tacos and Bear in La Condesa Beach or Max Tacos just two blocks before.

Well I hope that this help you to get an amaizing trip, and well of course most to be a lot of other tips, so post them.
Thankīs Rick for this space, see you on spring break, I think that Iīm comming the first or second week of march.

Ivan

IP Logged
QueenOfAcapulcoMex
Bohemian

I love Acapulco

Neptune, New Jersey
Re: things 2 do & tips  if u r a spring break
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2006, 7:50pm

Useful Tidbit about AMEX Traveller's Cheques:  

I just wanted to add a note about Traveler's Cheques, I didn't know this but it's impossible to cash Traveler's Cheques (American Express) anywhere but at the American Express Office.  You have to go to the AMEX office on the Costera at the Hotel Continental Emporio, the office is right on the street outside of that hotel and it's the only AMEX office in the city and the only place that you can cash them.

IP Logged
Rick
YaBB Administrator

Transform

Acapulco, Mexico
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:29pm

Ivan, that is the best and most useful post I have read about spring break in Acapulco.  I am going to add a link to it from our spring break page.  

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and tips!

WWW   IP Logged
need4speednj
Global Moderator

not sure, but I
think that's a HE

NJ
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2006, 10:44pm

Ivan, excellent advice...Queen...Travelers checks are the best way to go...so many US banks i.e. Bank of America charge 5 bucks per transaction.  Ivan...FYI, Maxs is no longer open.  Closed down a few months ago, but you are 100% right about Tacos and Beer...there tacos rule.

IP Logged
QueenOfAcapulcoMex
Bohemian

I love Acapulco

Neptune, New Jersey
Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2006, 8:59am

Hmm, that's strange because if the american banks cash them down there the mexican's sure don't know about it. Also, at the Amex office they told us that that was the only place that would cash them?  I certainly would never want to pay $5 per transaction though, what a ripoff?

IP Logged
need4speednj
Global Moderator

not sure, but I
think that's a HE

NJ
Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2006, 1:38pm

queen I get my travelers checks at AAA for free and they recently changed to visa traveler checks...I have never ever had a problem...I cash them at my hotel every night on my way out at any hour I choose.

IP Logged
QueenOfAcapulcoMex
Bohemian

I love Acapulco

Neptune, New Jersey
Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2006, 9:38pm

WOW, REALLY?  Well that certainly is good to know see that?  Ya learn something new every day!  Wow! Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print